Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Normal life resumes

After 6 weeks of attempting a 1200-calorie-a-day diet, being on 1600 makes it seem like the world is a friendlier place.  I've had a couple of 1300 days and a couple of 1800 days, but it averages out ok and feels like a sustainable and pleasant way to live.  I can legitimately snack again!

And it still seems to be doing the trick:

As of 1st June, I weigh 11 stone 2 (70.8 kgs).

Woo!  I'm still losing despite having consumed an entire Papa John's medium pizza (American Hot - it was delicious).  Part of this is the cumulative effect of dieting: I only lost a pound last week so I probably had a little bit of an extra drop owing to me.  Part of it was certainly exercise: three workouts, one long walk and about 10,000 steps a day.  I did cook too, although I'm not sure how much butterscotch muffins count (recipe review to follow).

I've got a bit lazy with breakfast, which is something I need to keep an eye on.  Also, just because I've got room in my diet for cake again does not mean that I am obliged to eat it.  This is not a lesson I've learnt easily.

However, my main challenge is that I'll be cooking for one a lot over the next couple of weeks.  The temptation to eat out or rely on convenience foods will be hard to resist so I need to make a good meal plan and stick to it.  It's been a while since cooking fell solely to me, so I'm a little anxious.  It'll be an opportunity for me to really face up to my food OCD though, so challenge accepted.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the progress I'm making and confident that I can keep it going.  Everything's coming up Milhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment