Monday, 15 June 2015

The inevitable has happened...

...As of 15 June 2015, I weigh 11 stone 3 (71.8 kg).

That's an increase of 2 pounds.

It would be stupid to be surprised.  I spent two days this week living it up in Manchester, had a massive takeaway to celebrate my husband coming back from a conference, then ate a load of free yummies at the BBC Good Food Show.  I was very, very naughty.

But I hold my hands up and acknowledge my failures and am resolved to still be under 11 stone by the end of the month.  The stupid thing is that I've been eating loads despite the fact it's made me feel worse.  After a couple of months with no IBS symptoms, I've had problems again this week.  My skin's not been great.  I've felt more sluggish and have certainly struggled more with my workouts than previously.  I've even been continuing to eat when I've been full, the sort of compulsive eating that I'd hoped was behind me.

It's an important reminder that food issues don't just go away; they have to be continuously guarded against.   If, by the end of the week, I'm back to 11 stone 1 then it will show that a bad week doesn't have to be the death of your diet.  "Everything in moderation, including moderation" is not a bad mantra to live by.  It means that you don't have to always deny yourself life's pleasures, as long as you don't let them become a burden on your health.

 So this week's plan is simple: more cooking and exercise, and less eating out. Yep, simple...

No comments:

Post a Comment