Monday, 27 July 2015

Back on the wagon

I'm so bored with talking/thinking/living the whole moving house experience.  It was frustrating and hard. But it's done, and it's time to stop using it as an excuse for being a lazy sack of crap.

As of Monday 27th July, I weigh 11 stone 1 (70.3 kg).

Which means that my weeks of eating out, binge cookie eating, and limited exercise have actually seen me lose weight.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.  Let's dig deeper here.

I have eaten out more than usual, although the new kitchen has seen some cooking.  This week, we've had a spag bol, chilli, and a seriously good chickpea curry.  I guess that's not so bad.

I have DEFINITELY eaten more cookies than usual.  But I suppose I've limited myself to one sweet treat a day.  Almost.

And not going to the gym does not mean that I've not been exercising.  According to the pedometer on my phone, I've walked 41,000 steps in the past three days, and that doesn't include the many times I've left my phone at home.  Exploring this new city has kept me on my feet all week (despite the relentless rain), even if it has provided numerous foodie temptations along the way.

Today, I have 'new gym membership' on my to-do list, and there are all the ingredients for a lentil curry waiting in the kitchen.  I might be a month late in my reaching the 'under 11 stone' goal but I think it might be on the cards for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment